Philosophical Papers. Edited by J.O. Urmson and G.J.
Warnock. Oxford: Clarendon Press; New York: Oxford University Press,
J.O. Urmson and G.J. Warnock: Foreword:v-vii.
J.O. Urmson. "Note to the Third Edition:vii.
- Agathon and Eudamonia in the
Ethics of Aristotle:1-31
- Are There A Priori Concepts?:32-54
- The Meaning of a Word:55-75
- Other MInds:76-116
- How to Talk--some simple ways:134-153
- Unfair to Facts:154-174
- A Plea for Excuses:175-205
- Ifs and Cans:205-232
- Performative Utterances:233-252
- Three Ways of Spilling Ink:272-287
- The Line and the Cave in Plato's Republic:288-303
- 3rd edition of Philosophical Papers (1st (1961),
2nd (1970)), 13 has been added.