Against Race: Imagining Political Culture Beyond the Color Line. Cambridge, Mass.: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 2000.
I. Legal Observance, Nationalism, and Humanism
1. The Crisis of ‘Race’ and Raciology:11-53
2.Modernity and Infrahumanity:54-96
3. Identity, Belonging, and the Critique of Pure Sameness:97-133
II. Fascism, Embodiment, and Revolutionary Conservatism
4. Hitler Wore Khakis: Icons, Propaganda, and Aesthetic Politics:137-176
5. "After the Love Has Gone: Biopolitics and the Decay of the Black Public Sphere:177-206
6. The Tyrannies of Unanimism:207-237
III. Black to the Future
7. "All about the Benjamins": Multicultural Blackness—Coroporate, Commercial, and Oppositional:241-278
8. "Race," Cosmopolitanism, and Catastrophe:279-326
9. "Third Stone from the Sun": Planetary Humanism and Strategic Universalism:327-356
Between Camps: Race, Identity and Nationalism at the End of the Colour Line. London: Allen Lane, 2000. Between Camps: Nations, Cultures and the Allure of Race. London: Penguin, 2000.
"’Between Camps’." TLS: Times Literary Supplement (July 21, 2000), 5077:17.
Letter replying to Michael Anderson ‘s review of Between Camps (2000) in TLS: Times Literary Supplement (July 7, 2000), 5075:8.
"The Black Atlantic as a Counterculture of Modernity." In Kwesi Owusu, ed., Black British Culture and Society: A Text Reader, pp. 439-452. Comedia. London & New York: Routledge, 2000.
Excerpted from The Black Atlantic (1993).
"The Dialectics of Diaspora Identification." In Les Back and John Solomos, eds., Theories of Race and Racism: A Reader, pp. 490-502. Routledge Student Readers. London & New York: Routledge, 2000.
"The Sugar You Stir…" In Paul Gilroy, Lawrence Grossberg, and Angela McRobbie, eds., Without Guarantees: In Honour of Stuart Hall, pp. 126-133. London & New York: Verso, 2000.
Edited (with Lawrence Grossberg, and Angela McRobbie.) Without Guarantees: In Honour of Stuart Hall. London & New York: Verso, 2000.