The UC Irvine Libraries’ Reference Collections include a wide variety of dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, directories, indexes, abstracts and other tools that support research in all fields of study at UC Irvine. Many of these essential reference sources have migrated to digital format and are accessible via the Web. This shift has led the Libraries to increase reader space and move many print reference works to the general stacks for check out. Links to UCI-licensed as well as publicly available resources are available through the Libraries’ website.
- ANTPAC - The UCI Libraries' Catalog lists reference resources in all formats. Use it to determine whether a particular print title is available at UC Irvine and where it is located. If an online version exists, the Antpac record contains a direct link.
- Find Online Resources - Find links to online reference resources licensed by the UCI Libraries by keyword, title, and category.
- Quick Reference - This guide lists sources that can be used for background information, definitions, quick verifications, and directions to additional resources.
- Ask a Librarian - Get assistance at one of our reference desks or by using our online reference or research consultation services.
- Subject Guides - UCI Subject Librarians have created guides for all majors or academic departments on campus which include lists of specialized reference resources for each discipline.
Located on the 1st floor of the Langson Library, the Langson Library Reference Collection includes
- Key print resources that support the social and behavioral sciences, political sciences, business and management, fine arts, humanities, and government information.
- Access to online reference resources is available from over 60 public computers in the Reference Room.
Located on the 2nd Floor of the Ayala Science Library, the Ayala Science Library Reference Collection includes
- Key print reference resources in the biological and health sciences, physical sciences, computer science, mathematics, engineering, and technology.
- Access to online reference resources is available from over 35 public computers in the reference room.
Located at the UC Irvine Medical Center in Orange, CA, the Grunigen Medical Library Reference Collection includes
- Key print reference resources in medicine, nursing, pharmacology, and allied and consumer health.
- Access to online reference resources that is available from over 50 public computers in the library.