Note: All public Windows PCs support typing in multiple languages.
Public computers are Windows 7 PCs with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Microsoft Office 2013 and a variety of tools to view online information and research as well as instructional media. Printing is available using a library copy card. Computers have USB connections and CD/DVD drives. There is a scanner available near the Ayala Science Library's reference desk and on the 1st and 2nd Floor at Langson Library.
|Langson Library||Ayala Science Library||Grunigen Medical Library|
- Ayala Science Library
- Grunigen Medical Library
- Libraries Gateway Study Center
- Personal Computers - Library Mobile Access - Wireless
- UC Irvine Computer Labs (Electronic Educational Environment)
- Laptops can be taken anywhere on campus; not limited to the Libraries or Study Centers
- Laptops with wireless capabilities are available for check-out at the
- Grunigen Medical Library (GML)
- Laptops can be loaned for two hours at a time and are available for check out to UCI students, faculty, and staff on a first-come first-served basis.
- Borrowers will need a valid UCI ID card in hand, a valid Official Photo ID (California Driver’s License, Passport, US Military ID, etc.), and a valid UCINetID
MacBook Air 13 inch Laptop includes:
- Mac OS 10.10.3 Yosemite
- Microsoft Office 2011: Word, Excel Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
- Picasa 3.9
- iLife '11: iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto, iWeb and GarageBand
- Firefox(R)ESR 31.6, Google Chrome 43.0 and Safari 8.0
- Audacity 2.0, Flash Player 11.6, iTunes 12.1, QuickTime Player 10.4, RealPlayer SP 12.0 and RealPlayer Converter 1.0
- FaceTime 3.0, Messages 8.0, Skype 7.6
HP Elite Book Revolve 810 G2 Tablet PC includes:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional
- Microsoft Office 2013 Professional: Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Word
- Firefox(R)ESR 24.1.0, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari
- Audacity 2.0.4, iTunes, QuickTime Player 7.7.4, RealPlayer Cloud, Windows Media Player
- 7-Zip 9.2, Acrobat Pro Xi, Calculator, Cisco AnyConnect VPN client, Google Earth , HP WebCam, Paint.net 3.5.1, Skype
- Assistance in the use of wireless technology provided in Multimedia Resources Center (MRC) and the Grunigen Medical Library's Information Technology Center (ITC).
- Assistance in use of network resources provided by the MRC and ITC staffs and also by reference staffs at the Langson Library Ask Us Desk (2nd floor); the Ayala Science Library Ask US Desk (2nd floor); and the Grunigen Medical Library's Ask US Desk
- For information about the laptop loan service, please call the MRC desk at (949) 824-7072 or the ITC desk at (714) 456-5585.