Reserve Desk Locations
Langson Library Reserve Services
Ayala Science Library Reserve Services
- Use the Course Reserves form for:
- Books owned by the UCI Libraries
- Books you would like the UCI Libraries to consider purchasing for reserves
- Personal copies or departmental copies of textbooks & for photocopies of articles, lecture notes, and overheads
- Instructors are responsible for:
- Providing all photocopies or digital copies as appropriate.
- Including complete citations
- In accepting photocopies for reserve use, the library staff believes that such copies are in compliance with the Fair Use Provisions of Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Law.
Interdisciplinary courses and programs
If your course or program is cross-listed such that materials could be held at either Langson or Ayala Science Library, please submit in the comments field of the Reserves Request Form which location you would prefer your materials to be held. We suggest you select the library where your students will be doing the majority of their research.
Materials to be Purchased by the UCI Libraries for Reserves:
Please allow adequate time for ordering, receiving and processing material to be ordered by the UCI Libraries for Reserves.
Allow 4-6 weeks for recently published domestic material, and 6-8 weeks for recently published foreign material. Older and out-of-print material may require additional ordering time if not readily available from our major vendors.