Student Library Video Contest
Think you're smart? Show new students something about the UCI Libraries that will help them succeed. Highlight the UCI Libraries with a two-minute video about our collections, services, spaces, equipment, or anything else that will help a new student use the Libraries. Submission Dates: December 2, 2013 - January 16, 2014
1 Nexus 7 tablet for Judge’s Pick winner
1 Nexus 7 tablet for Audience Award winner
(Judge’s Pick and Audience Award winner will not be the same video)
- Create a unique and entertaining video no more than 2 minutes long, letting new students know how the libraries will help them succeed. BE CREATIVE!
- Download and complete an entry form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org between Monday, December 2 and Thursday, January 16 to enter the contest.
- Use the link we email you to upload your video!
- A panel of judges will critique your video with the following criteria, and will determine one Judge’s Pick Award Winner.
- Overall entertainment value (30%);
- Passion in communication of the theme (30%)
- Overall quality of video (20%);
- Creativity (20%);
- The judges will also select 5 other videos as finalists using the same criteria. The finalists will be posted on the libraries website from February 4 - March 2, 2014 and will be eligible for voting. The video with the highest number of votes will receive the Audience Award!
- Judge’s Award winner will be announced on February 4. Audience Award winner will be announced on March 4. Both award winners will receive a Nexus 7 tablet!
- PLEASE EMAIL LIBREF@UCI.EDU IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
- be an enrolled UC Irvine undergraduate or graduate student
- have a valid and working UCInetID
- download and submit entry form from “Student Library Video Contest” website (http://www.lib.uci.edu/videocontest)
- REVIEW AND FOLLOW THE COPYRIGHT GUIDELINES LISTED IN THE OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 200 MB or less
- No more than 2 minutes
- In one of these formats: .mov preferred ( .wmv, .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, .asf, .3gp or a .3g2)
- MUST ADHERE TO THE RULES AND RESTRICTIONS LISTED IN THE OFFICIAL RULES