Student Library Video Contest
Think you're smart? Show new students something about the UCI Libraries that will help them succeed. Highlight the UCI Libraries with a two-minute video about our collections, services, spaces, equipment, or anything else that will help a new student use the Libraries. Submission Dates: December 2, 2013 - February 20, 2014
1 Nexus 7 tablet for Judge’s Pick winner
1 Nexus 7 tablet for Audience Award winner
(Judge’s Pick and Audience Award winner will not be the same video)
- Create a unique and entertaining video no more than 2 minutes long, letting new students know how the libraries will help them succeed. BE CREATIVE!
- Download and complete an entry form and submit it to email@example.com between December 2 and February 20 to enter the contest.
- Use the link we email you to upload your video!
- A panel of judges will critique your video with the following criteria, and will determine one Judge’s Pick Award Winner.
- Overall entertainment value (30%);
- Passion in communication of the theme (30%)
- Overall quality of video (20%);
- Creativity (20%);
- The judges will also select 5 other videos as finalists using the same criteria. The finalists will be posted on the libraries website for voting. The video with the highest number of votes will receive the Audience Award!
- Both award winners will receive a Nexus 7 tablet!
- PLEASE EMAIL LIBREF@UCI.EDU IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
- be an enrolled UC Irvine undergraduate or graduate student
- have a valid and working UCInetID
- download and submit entry form from “Student Library Video Contest” website (http://www.lib.uci.edu/videocontest)
- REVIEW AND FOLLOW THE COPYRIGHT GUIDELINES LISTED IN THE OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 200 MB or less
- No more than 2 minutes
- In one of these formats: .mov preferred ( .wmv, .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, .asf, .3gp or a .3g2)
- MUST ADHERE TO THE RULES AND RESTRICTIONS LISTED IN THE OFFICIAL RULES
Wednesday, February 26 - Friday, March 7.
Contact winner: Monday, March 10.
Announce Judges winner: Tuesday, March 11.
Audience Vote: audience voting Tuesday, March 11 - April 6
Contact winner: Monday, April 7
Announce Audience vote winner on website Tuesday April 8