FOCUS AREA I: ENHANCING DIVERSITY EFFORTS IN THE RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION OF LIBRARIANS AND STAFF
- Goal 1: Increase the diversity of applicant pools.
- Goal 2: Promote the importance of evaluating candidates’ contributions and commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence during the recruitment process.
- Goal 3: Foster a welcoming environment for prospective candidates by being open to diversity and inclusive excellence.
- Goal 4: Incorporate diversity and inclusive excellence goals in the new employee orientation process.
- Goal 5: Promote contributions to diversity as an employee retention strategy
FOCUS AREA II: INCREASING DIVERSITY AWARENESS AND SENSITIVITY AMONG LIBRARY EMPLOYEES
- Goal 1: Host workshops and events to build a culture of diversity.
- Goal 2: Foster organizational support and commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence.
- Goal 3: Establish a formal structure to promote diversity and inclusive excellence.
FOCUS AREA III: PROMOTING DIVERSITY VALUES IN OUR SERVICES TO USERS
- Goal 1: Highlight and develop the diversity of our collections and increase the discoverability of diversity resources.
- Goal 2: Ensure that the Libraries’ communications reflect our commitment to diversity.
- Goal 3: Demonstrate our commitment to diversity through outreach and programming.
- Goal 4: Be responsive to the diverse needs of our users by incorporating diversity values in our day-to-day job responsibilities.
FOCUS AREA IV: ENSURING THAT WE PRESENT A WELCOMING AND INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT IN OUR PHYSICAL AND VIRTUAL LOCATIONS
- Goal 1: Ensure that our physical and virtual locations are easily accessible and accommodating.
- Goal 2: Ensure that our physical and virtual locations are welcoming to everyone.