Last Modified June 10, 2021
The UCI Libraries has offered Document Delivery Service (DDS) for many years and we know it was greatly appreciated by those who were able to use it. The pandemic has given us the opportunity to reimagine many of our services and how we can add more value to all UCI faculty, students, and staff. We paused DDS when campus closed and when the libraries fully reopen we will not restart it. Instead we will be offering the following services to all campus constituents:
- Scanning of book chapters and articles for free.
- Paging of library materials for pickup at smart locker or service desk at library of your choice (Langson or Science Libraries).
- Returning of materials without getting out of your car using our Curbside Return Box.
- Mailing of books to home addresses outside of Orange County as a pilot to help with the transition of reopening. Pilot begins September 1st.
- Sending UCI books to other UC campus libraries for pickup.
We will contact the Academic Departments at the beginning of Fall Quarter to arrange a last pickup of any outstanding returns. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Document Delivery Service (DDS) delivers library materials to eligible UCI faculty, graduate students, and administrators on campus and at selected locations at the UCI Medical Center.
DDS requests can be placed electronically through the methods below.
|I am looking for||Try this service first||Try this service next|
|Books||Melvyl||Book Form (UC-eLinks)|
|Articles||Melvyl||Article Form (UC-eLinks)|
|Videos||MRC Use & Booking Form||N/A|
DDS Cost and Fees
Photocopied or desktop delivery materials are charged at the rates below to your departmental recharge number (KFS number). Recharge/KFS numbers are issued at the discretion of your department and are required when you sign up for DDS.
- Printed materials: $3.50 per article (up to 20 pages) with a charge of $.20 per additional exposure.
- Microform materials: $3.50 per article (up to 10 pages) with a charge of $.50 per additional exposure.
Delivery and pickup of books are offered at no charge.
Langson Library & Science Library
Grunigen Medical Library