Acer Chromebooks, MacBook Airs, HP Elite Book Revolve 810 G2 Tablet PCs, and mobile devices are available for check out to UCI students, faculty, and staff on a first-come first-served basis.
- Students must be enrolled in the current quarter or summer session to borrow any MRC circulating equipment.
- Faculty and staff may borrow equipment and collections if they have a current university appointment.
- Alumni, emeriti, retirees, visitors, volunteers, and community users are not eligible to borrow MRC equipment.
- Materials and equipment checked out from the Multimedia Resources Center (MRC) must be returned to the MRC Desk during normal business hours.
- No equipment checkouts permitted 15 minutes to closing. There are no grace periods for MRC audiovisual and computing equipment.
- Equipment is not available for check out for inventory purpose during the following periods:
- Last day of Fall finals through the 1st day of Winter quarter.
- Last day of Spring finals through the following week.
Required to checkout:
- A valid UCI Photo ID is required to check out MRC laptops and mobile devices. You may be asked to present a valid Official Photo ID (California Driver’s License, Passport, US Military ID, etc.) if the photo on your UCI Photo ID has worn off.
- Active UCINetID and UCI valid E-mail address (for Chromebooks, MacBooks and HP Elite Book Revolve 810 G2 Tablet PCs).
|Item Types||Borrowers With Valid UCI ID||Loan Periods||Renewals||MRC Use Only|
|UCI students, faculty and staff||48 hours||No||No|
|UCI students, faculty, and staff||2 hours||No||No|
|UCI students, faculty and staff||2 hours||No||No|
Dual Boot: Mac OS Sierra and Windows 10 Enterprise
|UCI students, faculty and staff||2 hours
Dual Boot: Mac OS Sierra and Windows 10 Enterprise
|UCI students, faculty and staff|| 2 hours
|UCI students, faculty and staff||2 hours||No||Yes|
Wacom Intuos Creative Pen and Touch Medium Tablet
|UC studetns, faculty and staff||2 hours||No||Yes|
Overdue Fines on iPads, Chromebooks, MacBook Airs, MacBook Pro, Toshiba Qosmio X70 and HP Elite Book Revolve 810 G2 Tablet PCs:
- $2 per hour - first 10 hours
- $5 per hour - after the first 10 hours
iPads circulate for 48 hours. MRC laptops only circulate for 2 hrs. Renewals are not permitted on iPads, MacBooks, Airs, and HP Mini notebooks. All iPads and computing equipment is available on a first-come first-served basis. There are NO overnight loans allowed on Chromebooks, MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs and HP Elite Book Revolve 810 G2 Tablet PCs. If a Chromebook, laptop or an iPad is 12 hours overdue , it is considered lost or stolen and the individual checking out the Chromebook, laptop or iPad will be charged for its replacement.
MRC Fines, Replacements, and Repair Charges
- An item is overdue if it is returned to the MRC Desk after the time and date it is due. Strict fines are levied to ensure timely return of audiovisual and computing equipment so that others may use them.
- There are no grace periods for MRC audiovisual and computing equipment.
- A $2 per hour (or any portion of that hour) fine per item will be charged on overdue equipment for the first ten hours.
- Example: A $6 fine will be charged for a video camera returned at 2:01 p.m. that was due at noon that day.
- A $5 per hour (or any portion of that hour) fine per item will be charged on overdue items after the first ten hours.
- Example: A $30 fine will be charged for Reserve material returned at 8:36 pm that was due at 9:30 am that day.
- The maximum total fine for an overdue item is $50.
- You will be billed for the cost of the item plus processing charges if the item is lost or never returned.
- Unpaid fines may accumulate additional late fees and result in the suspension of UCI Libraries privileges.
- MRC borrowing privileges will be suspended until fines and/or bills are paid in full. All borrowers are subject to the assessment of overdue fines for MRC audiovisual and computing equipment. If a borrower plans to be away from the campus for an extended period of time, he/she needs to make the necessary arrangements to receive overdue notices or return materials.
- Borrowers are responsible for the cost of repair or replacement of media and equipment lost or damaged while on loan from the MRC. Charges for lost or damaged media or equipment will include a minimum $175 replacement cost plus a $10 non-refundable processing fee and any overdue fines accrued to the borrowers account. Charges for lost or damaged equipment will include a $10 non-refundable processing fee, late fines and fees if applicable, plus repair or replacement costs up to $5,500 per item.
- Fines, if applicable, and replacement or repair charges will be turned over to Campus Billing and may, if not paid promptly, result in withholding of transcripts, permission to register for classes (UC students), and risk of the bill being sent to a collection agency.
Additional late charges are assessed and added to unpaid invoices by UCI Financial Services.
Billing contact for Multimedia Resources Center:
Multimedia Resources Center Manager - (949) 824-7072 - email@example.com