Mobile Access: Wireless
The UC Irvine Libraries provide wireless network access to the Internet for UCI students, faculty and staff. Wireless network access is provided as part of UCInet Mobile Access Service, a joint effort of the UCI Libraries and the Office of Information Technology (OIT). This service promotes wireless computing among students and faculty on campus for education and research.
Need a charge? We've got you covered. Charging stations for mobile devices are now available in the following locations:
- Ayala Science Library: 2nd floor
- Grunigen Medical Library
- Langson Library: 1st floor
- Libraries Gateway Study Center
- Multimedia Resources Center
Look for the Charge It Up! sign.
To use wireless access to connect to the Internet, UCI students faculty and staff will need to:
- Have a laptop or mobile device with Wi-Fi (802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11n) capabilities either built-in or via an accessory card
- Determine the MAC address (usually on the back of the wireless card)
- Register the MAC address on the Office of Information Technology (OIT) Mobile Access Registration website using a UCInetID
- Be in a location that is a designated WIRELESS ACCESS ZONE (see Maps of Wireless Coverage)