Multimedia Resources Center (MRC)
Practice what you speak! "Check out" our Presentation Studio
Try our new 3D Printing Pilot Service
The 3D printer is available for use by all UCI students, faculty, and staff on a first-come first-served basis. During this assessment period 3D printing is free. For details please visit our 3D Printing Pilot Service Web Page: http://www.lib.uci.edu/services/3D-printing/
MRC Workshops offered Fall 2015:
Need to learn how to make an effective oral presentation for class and develop oral presentation skills? “Check-out”
Oral Presentations: Best Practices & Multimedia Tools on Wednesday, December 2 , 2015 2:00 - 3:00 pm in ASL 164UCI students will learn rhetorical practices for effective oral presentations as well as the various multimedia tools they can use to supplement their presentation material.
UCI students may register for either workshop here https://eee.uci.edu/signupsheet/mrcworkshopsfall2015/
A valid UCInetID is required to register.
|Media Use & Booking Form||UCI faculty and graduate students may use this form to book a film or videorecording for UCI classroom instruction, preview or research. Videorecordings being previewed or used for research are subject to immediate recall if needed for classroom showing. Requests for delivery of media through DDS must be received at least two business days in advance.|
|Media Course Reserves Form||Use this form to place MRC material on Course Reserves for your students to view or use in the MRC.|
|Request/Waiver for Placing Instructor-Owned Materials on Course Reserves Form||Use this form to place personal or departmental media on Course Reserves in the MRC.|
|Presentation Studio Request||
UCI students, faculty and staff may book the Presentation Studio for a period of up to one hour using their valid university ID. Consecutive bookings will only be allowed if no other UCI affiliates are waiting. Reservations should be made two full business days in advance in order to give staff sufficient time to receive your request and send a confirmation.
- Priority for use of the MRC collections, viewing stations and general computing areas is given to UCI students, faculty and staff.
- Materials and equipment checked out from the Multimedia Resources Center (MRC) must be returned to the MRC Desk during normal business hours. No equipment checkouts permitted 15 minutes to closing.
- UCI students, faculty and staff must have a valid UCI ID card in hand to check out ASL Rooms located in MRC.
- Due to licensing restrictions, MRC multimedia creation computers, high performance workstations, specialized software and equipment, and audiovisual equipment are only available to UCI students, faculty, and staff with a valid UCI ID Card for 2 hours at a time for individual use for academic purposes.
- Selected MRC and U.S. Depository CD-ROMs may be checked out and used at the MRC GID stations with a valid UCI Libraries card, California Driver's License, US Passport, US Military ID, or other official state's photo ID.
- For public access computing for UCI Libraries' visitors and guests, please click here.
- MRC consultants are available to help users with MRC software and hardware problems.