- Chat - Available round-the-clock! Real-time, chat reference service is provided by reference staff from various academic libraries. UC Irvine librarians will follow up with additional information if needed. Access to licensed online material requires the software VPN with the Group set to UCI Full.
- Email - Email a librarian! A response is guaranteed within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
- ANTswers - Your UC Irvine Libraries Virtual Assistant! ANTswers is an experimental chatbot that answers questions about the UC Irvine Libraries and will save you time by quickly and efficiently connecting you to the information or resource you need.
- Online Tutorials - Videos and self-paced tutorials for developing research skills and using library databases.
- Research Consultation Service - UC Irvine students, faculty and staff may schedule a 30 minute consultation with a reference librarian to focus on your research needs.
We will be extending all due dates through June 30th or later. If you wish to return materials:
- Our book drops are open at Langson and Science Libraries.
- If you do not want to come to campus to return it (due to illness or other extenuating circumstances), you should keep it until you are able to safely return it. If you are charged late fees, please email us at email@example.com. We understand that this is a special situation, and special considerations will be made.
- Books can also be returned by mail at:
UC Irvine Libraries, Attn: John Bareford,
P.O. Box 19557
Irvine CA 92623
- If you do return your items it will not be reflected in your library account until staff are able to return onsite.
- Please do not return equipment (laptops, calculators, headphones, etc.) via the book returns. If the library is closed due to unforeseen circumstances when your equipment items are due, please return them to a service desk the next time we are open and we will waive any fines.
Managing your Library Account:
- Articles and book chapters delivered electronically
- The UCI Libraries will continue to fill requests that can be readily completed and delivered electronically. See the Interlibrary Loan web page for more information and details on how to submit a request.
- Print books and other physical items
- Requests for printed works and other physical materials cannot be filled at this time. Borrowed items may be returned to campus book drops or by mail (see above). The Libraries will submit automatic renewal requests on behalf of patrons for items that are due before the we reopen.
- Document Delivery Services
- Document Delivery Services are suspended until further notice. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Online Research Tools:
- Connect From Off Campus (use UCI Full Tunnel for VPN)
- Remote access to the UCI Libraries' licensed online resources is available to current UC Irvine students, faculty & staff. In order to use these resources you must be "authenticated" (recognized as a valid user) by the UCI campus network. Your login/password is your UCInetID. To activate your UCInetID, visit OIT's UCInetID Activation page. For further assistance, call OIT at (949) 824-2222 (available 24/7) or visit the OIT Help Desk page.
- Library Search - UCI Catalog
- Library Search allows you to search print and e-books, journal articles, digital collections, and more, all in one place. Library Search makes it easy to find, explore, cite, save, and share a broad variety of UCI library resources.
- To limit to online, full-text materials, use the Available Online facet on the search results page.
- Research Guides
- Guides to help you find academic resources and publications for research, assignments, and projects.
- HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access (ETAS)
- Special access for UCI faculty, staff, and students to obtain lawful access to specific digital materials in HathiTrust that correspond to physical books held by the UC Libraries.
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- This guide combines the affordable and freely available academic resources like e-Books, e-Textbooks, and online journals.
- Streaming Media
- This guide brings together all of our streaming media--both video and audio--resources into one location to help you discover something new to watch from the comfort of wherever you are right now.
- Databases To Get You Started
- Starting points to find articles.
- Digital Collections
- Explore digital collections, including digitized materials, finding aids, web archives, and other digital projects from the UCI Libraries.