Making Regional and Global Connections that Enhance Our Mission and Serve the People
In support of Pillar 3, The UCI Libraries will Expand Community Connections.
Build an engagement culture; Become a stronger partner with community organizations; Partner with Orange County to develop a national model for how to live responsibly and well in the 21st century
- Actively partnering with the Orange County community to increase the breadth and accessibility of regional history resources and preserve the legacy and experiences of the region’s diverse individuals and communities.
- Engaging the community through friendly services, welcoming public spaces, and relevant exhibits and events.
Create a powerful Anteater-for-life ethos that promotes ideal and sustained student and alumni participation
- Strengthening the relationship between current Anteaters and the UCI Libraries by enhancing the Libraries’ central role in student life.
- Encouraging alumni engagement by promoting participation in UCI Libraries’ exhibits and events.
- Sustaining UCI’s sense of identity by preserving and documenting the evolving faculty, student, and staff experience.
More broadly communicate and translate UCI’s discoveries and innovations
- Highlighting the UCI Libraries’ contributions to the evolution of scholarly communication land our foundational role in advancing research, creativity, teaching/learning, and quality patient care.
- Actively preserving the rich documentation of UCI’s accomplishments and ascendancy as a premier research university, so that future leaders and researchers can draw on this legacy when communicating UCI’s success to the regional, national, and international community.
- Ensuring that our unique collections and resources are discoverable and accessible to the global scholarly community.