UCI Libraries Strategic Plan
- Partner with the UCI community to advance transformative research, teaching and learning excellence, and high-quality patient care by embedding experts and resources where knowledge is created and connections happen.
- Preserve the cultural/historical/scientific record and ensure that services and collections express excellence in scholarship.
- Leverage expertise and resources to provide an inclusive environment that promotes intellectual pursuit and creativity while instilling strong information research skills and a thirst for knowledge that will last a lifetime.
- Teach critical thinking and evaluation skills to prepare students for lifelong learning, success in their future careers, and to be informed citizens in our world.
The Libraries value:
- UCI's faculty, staff, students, and community by providing high-quality services and collections that are readily and equitably accessible.
- UCI's diversity and principles of community, which we uphold, incorporate, and exemplify in our actions.
- The excellence of our employees as they advance campus goals, enhance knowledge and skills, and embrace innovation and change.
- Engagement with stakeholders and ongoing assessment of services and operations to ensure that we are meeting UCI's needs and effectively using resources.
Growth that makes a difference
Expanding our capacity to improve lives
First in class
Elevating the student experience to prepare future leaders
Making regional and global connections that enhance our mission and serve the people
New paths for our brilliant future
Forging best practices to power the coming century