- UCI Libraries’ facilities include 350,000 square feet in four locations:
- Jack Langson Library
- Science Library
- Grunigen Medical Library
- Libraries Gateway Study Center
- These buildings contain
- o Over 3,300 public seats
- o Over 500 public computers
- The Libraries employ 177 full-time equivalent staff
- 57 librarians and professionals
- 97 staff
- 23 full-time equivalent positions filled by over 165 student employees
- Annual Expenditures
- Approximately $22 million
- The UCI Libraries’ electronic and print collection includes approximately:
- Over 4 million volumes
- Over 1.9 million electronic books
- 253,922 journals and serials
- 100,814 government documents
- 113,543 audio/visual materials, multimedia, maps, photographs, and other graphic materials
- The Libraries Special Collections preserves 640 archival collections that include over 1 million original documents and photographs
- On an annual basis:
- Librarians answer over 9,000 research and reference questions.
- Librarians provide research instruction to over 23,000 individuals.
- UCI Libraries’ buildings receive over 1.6 million visits (averaging to over 4,500 per day).
- The Libraries’ website receives nearly 3.4 million virtual visits (averaging to over 9,000 per day).
- UCI Libraries’ facilities are open 19 hours during a typical day and 111 hours during a typical week. Study centers are open 24 hours per day during finals week.