- UCI Libraries’ facilities include 350,000 square feet in four locations:
- Jack Langson Library
- Science Library
- Grunigen Medical Library
- Libraries Gateway Study Center
- These buildings contain
- o Over 3,300 public seats
- o Over 500 public computers
- The Libraries employ 171 full-time equivalent staff
- 48 librarians and professionals
- 95 staff
- 28 full-time equivalent positions filled by over 174 student employees
- Annual Expenditures
- Approximately $20 million
- The UCI Libraries’ electronic and print collection includes approximately:
- Over 3.7 million volumes
- Over 1.3 million electronic books
- 150,736 journals and serials
- 110,033 government documents
- 112,797 audio/visual materials, multimedia, maps, photographs, and other graphic materials
- The Libraries Special Collections preserves 640 archival collections that include over 1 million original documents and photographs
- On an annual basis:
- Librarians answer nearly 13,000 research and reference questions.
- Librarians provide research instruction to over 18,000 individuals.
- UCI Libraries’ buildings receive over 1.7 million visits (averaging to over 4,800 per day).
- The Libraries’ website receives nearly 5.3 million virtual visits (averaging to over 14,000 per day).
- UCI Libraries’ facilities are open 19 hours during a typical day and 111 hours during a typical week. Study centers are open 24 hours per day during finals week.