- Receive assistance with identifying, locating, and obtaining research data or objects created by others
- Recieve assistance with migrating from physical to digital formats
- Receive assistance with keeping track of research data or objects based on your data management plan.
- EZID: create digital object identifiers (DOIs) or archival resource keys (ARKs) to persistently identify your data files or objects for citations, etc.
- Consult with the metadata librarian on implementing metadata best practices: see examples of metadata.
- Receive assistance with accessing and using campus-licensed software:
- ArcGIS: create & analyze geographic data
- HIRC Research Toolkit: a suite of tools developed for UCI researchers by Health Informatics and Research Computing, including:
- CDT & UC ReX: use de-identified patient data to identify potential research cohorts and propose study hypotheses
- OnCore: manage clinical research trials
- REDCap: build and manage online surveys and databases
- myResearch: access statistics software packages such as SAS, STATA, JMP, SPSS, and more via web browser
- Recieve assistance identifying and using domain-specific software for annotation, interpretation, and visualization: