Lorelei Tanji is the University Librarian for UCI Libraries since October 2012. UCI Libraries encompass four learning facilities:
- Jack Langson Library
- Francisco J. Ayala Science Library
- Forest J. Grunigen Medical Library
- Gateway Study Center
Through the dedication and contributions of highly skilled library employees, the UCI Libraries provide library collections and services that support the world-class research, teaching, and patient care on campus. The UCI Libraries also serve as an important gateway to knowledge for the community.
She received her M.L.S. from UCLA and degrees in music from UC Davis (B.A.) and UCLA (M.A.). And she has held various professional positions of increasing responsibility at UC Riverside and UC Irvine.
Lorelei represents the UCI Libraries at the campus, system-wide, and national/international level. She is a member of the UC Libraries' Council of University Librarians (CoUL). And she is the current Chair of the Pacific Rim Research Libraries Alliance Secretariat (2016-2018).
- UC Irvine Libraries Facts & Figures
- Visit the UCI Libraries
- UCI Libraries Home Page
- OC Register article - "UCI: Libraries are laboratories of learning"
- New U article - "Changing with the Times: The Role of the Librarian"
- Anteater Insights: Lorelei Tanji
- UCI Libraries Update: A Newsletter for Faculty
- UCI Libraries Newsletter: For Supporters and Friends