Benefits of Working for UCI Libraries
Working at UCI Libraries means being part of a vibrant learning institution on UCI's beautiful campus. Our employees thrive in a stimulating and supportive work environment, with opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Working at UCI Libraries means being part of the University of California system, one of the largest employers in the state of California. All employee benefits are fully portable within the UC system.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Range of retirement plans, including a pension
- Disability insurance
- Tuition discounts
- Voluntary insurance and extended care plans
Visit the UCI Campus HR webpage to learn more.
Living and Working in Orange County
UCI's beautiful campus is centrally located in sunny southern California. Just 5 miles from the Pacific Ocean, UCI offers easy access to the beach, desert, mountains, and local attractions such as Disneyland and Hollywood.
- 281 sunny days per year
- 5 miles to the beach for swimming, surfing, sailing, and more
- 40 miles to mountain resorts for snowboarding and skiing
- 16 professional sports teams in Los Angeles and Orange Counties (MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL, and NHL)
- Wide variety of arts and entertainment, including nearly 150 museums and national tours of concerts and Broadway shows
- Day trips to Los Angeles, San Diego, and Palm Springs