The MRC's media equipment is for use with UCI Librarries materials only. Users who need media equipment for personal, departmental or classroom use can contact OIT Classroom Technology Support, which supplies media equipment to the campus.
Collaborative, Presentation and Study Spaces
The following restrictions must be observed in ASL 168, ASL 172, ASL 173, ASL 174 and 175 and ASL 176.
- No equipment checkouts permitted 15 minutes to closing.
- No room reservations are permitted 30 minutes to closing.
- Restricted to UCI faculty, staff and students enrolled in the current quarter with valid UCI ID. You may be asked to present a valid Official Photo ID (California Driver's License, Passport, US Military ID, etc) if the photo on your UCI Photo ID has worn off.
- Alumni, emeriti, retirees, visitors, volunteers, and community users are not eligible to borrow equipment or use collaborative, presentation, or study spaces at MRC.
- No reservations taken for 3D Printing Lab; room use is "first-come, first-served"
- Personal belongings left unattended in any room does not guarantee reservation of the room and is subject to removal to Library Lost and Found
- Please do not leave trash or food in the rooms
ASL Room 172 contains a table, 5 chairs and a flat screen TV with HDMI cable.
ASL Room 173 contains a table, 10 chairs, a whiteboard, a desktop, an overhead projector, and a flat screen TV with HDMI cable.
ASL Room 175 contains a table, 5 chairs and a flat screen TV with HDMI cable.
ASL Room 176 contains iMac workstation plus a table, 5 chairs, and a flat screen TV with HDMI cable.
It provides a space for student study as well as video, digital photography, oral interviews and related projects. Available on a first-come first-served basis.
ASL Room 168 is the home of our Presentation Studio.
3D printing, 3Dmodeling and 3D services
ASL Room 174 houses 3D Printing Lab for our 3D printing, 3D modeling and 3D Services.
MRC's Viewing and Mixed Computing Areas
Interactive Kapp Smart whiteboard
4K Smart TV for student assignments
MRC's International Viewing Area contains 3 multi-region Blu-ray players and HD displays for students to view international films assigned for their classes.
Viewing stations and multimedia workstations with Blu-ray players are available to assist UCI affiliates to complete their classroom viewing assignments and research projects.
Due to licensing restrictions, multimedia and High Performance Specialized Computing equipment areas (MRC Back Area Behind ASL Room 166 and ASL Rooms 168, 173, 174, 175 and 176 are only open to UCI faculty, staff and students).
There is also designated reading areas close to the windows. They are available for students to study and collaborate after they view the film assignment for the class.
MRC viewing area is only open to UCI faculty, students and staff with valid UCI ID and UCI Libraries valid library card holders.
For questions about booking MRC Classrooms (ASL Rooms 160, 164 and 166), filming/photgraphing inside the building, or study space/group study rooms, please visit the UCI Libraries Policies webpage