Elevating the Student Experience to Prepare Future Leaders
In support of Pillar 2, The UCI Libraries strive to Enrich Student Learning and Engagement.
Expand the Student body and make UCI a first-choice campus for students
- Promoting active learning and collaboration through welcoming spaces and expert services.
- Helping students develop necessary skills for success in higher education and the workplace, including lifelong learning, information literacy, and communication skills.
- Making online and physical resources conveniently accessible to the entire UCI community.
Foster Excellence in teaching and learning, utilize modern technological tools to create the most effective learning environments
- Supporting new forms of teaching, learning, and research through technology, services, and partnerships with faculty and campus units.
- Empowering student growth, development, and academic success through face-to-face and online information literacy instruction, including targeted support for research-intensive classes and individualized consultations.
Integrate Student Life with Educational Experiences
- Encouraging student learning and engagement through library programs.
Ensure that UCI’s educational opportunities are an engine for social mobility, impact and positive innovation; Build on the success of UCI’s Campuswide Honors program by considering a new honors college
- Supporting first-generation, underrepresented, undocumented, transfer, veteran, international, honors, and other unique student populations through targeted engagement.
- Contributing librarian expertise and support for the planning of a potential Honors College.