Forging Best Practices to Power the Coming Century
In support of Pillar 4, The UCI Libraries strive to Pursue Organizational Excellence.
Bolster and position staff to more effectively support the academic mission
- Attracting and retaining exceptionally qualified library personnel to lead growth, achieve academic excellence, and be responsive to change.
- Providing robust professional development, workshops, and trainings to develop a workforce that is well-positioned to contribute to the success of UCI’s faculty, students, and staff.
- Promoting diversity and pursuing inclusive excellence.
Expand, build, and maintain an excellent physical infrastructure
- Engaging with faculty and students to ensure that our infrastructure meets their evolving needs.
- Providing comfortable research and study spaces that promote engagement and learning.
- Ensuring that the UCI Libraries’ infrastructure supports long-term preservation of our general and unique library materials.
Ensure a high-quality ubiquitous, secure, and robust information technology infrastructure
- Providing information technology resources and services that meet or exceed our stakeholders’ needs.
Develop a sustainable financial plan; Make fundraising a central feature of our academic planning and leadership culture
- Diversifying financial resources through the pursuit of grants and gifts.